In the city that never sleeps, it's all about the breaks.
McDonald's B-Boy Royale, New York City's largest annual breaking tournament, returns this summer with eight award-winning crews battling it out for a $5,000 grand prize. The event will also feature showcase performances, audience competitions and live music performances.
The eight crews competing at McDonald's B-Boy Royale 3 are:
• Beast Coast (New York — Philadelphia)
• Beat Whakz (New Jersey — Virginia — Philadelphia)
• The Brothers (New Jersey - Dallas — Houston)
• Gravity Benders (Wisconsin)
• Raw Dynamic X (New Jersey — Russia — D.R.)
• Last Samurai (Boston — Minnesota — New York)
• Maximum Efficiency Crew (Toronto)
• Optimistic Crew (Minnesota)
Hosted by MC Jin, B-Boy Royale 3 will also award the McDonald's B-Boy Royale Lifetime Achievement Award to the legendary Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers, star of the 80’s dance classics Breakin’ and Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo. Chambers will be honored for his contributions to the breaking world during a career that spans four decades.
McDonald’s B-Boy Royale 3 takes place on August 27 at the NYU Skirball Center for the Performing Arts. All proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of the New York Tri-State area.