Vir Das, fresh off an Emmy-nomination, has hit the global comedy mega-leagues thanks to his boundless comedic talent, wildly successful world tours and incredible five Netflix specials. The New York Times declares “no artist embodies the globalization of stand-up like Vir Das,” and the Boston Globe hails the “mixture of audacity and humility in Das’ comedy.”
As India’s biggest stand-up comedian and a Bollywood star, he’s increasingly gained worldwide appeal through his various international live tours, selling over a half a million tickets on six continents. Unafraid to speak his truth, Vir’s comedy confronts challenging social issues. His satirical “Two Indias” monologue went viral and made headlines across globe, earning the comic widespread praise whilst highlighting that India, like many nations, is a country of divisions and contradictions. Vir’s nuanced approach and narrative craftsmanship results in comedy that is beloved by critics, audiences and his millions of fans online, with Vulture online declaring that Vir’s comedy “Breaks the Rules. It’s also SO funny”.
Nominated in the “Best Comedy” category at the International Emmy Awards for his Netflix special, Vir continues to collaborate with Netflix, with the platform serving as exclusive distributor of his stand-up. Recently starring in Judd Apatow’s film The Bubble on Netflix, Vir has made multiple television appearances on Conan in the US and has starred as Jai Datta in the ABC spy dramedy Whiskey Cavalier opposite Scott Foley and Lauren Cohen. Vir has created, produced, and starred in multiple series, including the scripted thriller Hasmokh for Netflix and the unscripted travel show Jestination Unknown for Amazon.
NYU COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- Audience members must be 5 years of age or older to enter the theater.
- Audience members must show a valid government-issued photo ID.
- All audience members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a COVID-19 booster shot (if eligible for the booster based on CDC criteria). Documentation must include name, birthday, dates of doses & vaccine manufacturer. Documentation must be in English.
- All audience members will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible), with an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed vaccine.
- Masks are not required during the show and may be removed once audience members are in their seats.
Allowable masks: disposable masks (surgical or medical procedure masks), KN95 masks, KF94 masks, N95 masks are allowable.