PLEASE NOTE THAT PERFORMANCES OF FRATERNITY HAVE BEEN CANCELED.
We regret to announce that performances of Fraternity have been canceled due to visa issues.
Ticket holders will be contacted by the box office via email regarding refunds. The box office can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.998.4941.
★★★★ “Utterly, brilliantly improbable.” — The Guardian, London
In the U.S. premiere of Caroline Guiela Nguyen‘s Fraternity, A Fantastic Tale, an ensemble cast of professional and amateur actors, ages 16 to 79, take audiences on a fantastic voyage. In a freak incident, part of the human race disappears from the planet. Those who remain try to heal and make sense of the unexpected loss; now navigating their world without partners, parents and friends.
Co-Presented with FIAF as part of the Crossing The Line Festival
3 hours including a 20 minute intermission. Performed in French, Arabic, Vietnamese, and English with supertitles.
Caroline Guiela Nguyen is a French author, playwright, film and theatre director. Nguyen invites non-professional or professional actors from different social, geographical, cultural and spiritual backgrounds to take part in her creations, so that worlds meet and audiences discover a common ground. Nguyen has been an associate artist at the Odéon-Théâtre de l’Europe since 2016.
NYU COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- Audience members must be 12 years of age or older to enter the theater.
- Audience members must show a valid government-issued photo ID.
- All audience members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a COVID-19 booster shot (if eligible for the booster based on CDC criteria). Documentation must include name, birthday, dates of doses & vaccine manufacturer. Documentation must be in English.
- All audience members will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible), with an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed vaccine.
- All audience members must wear a well-fitted mask at all times.
Allowable masks: disposable masks (surgical or medical procedure masks), KN95 masks, KF94 masks, N95 masks are allowable.
This project is supported by FACE Contemporary Theater, a program of Villa Albertine and FACE Foundation, in partnership with the French Embassy in the United States, with support from The Ford Foundation, Institut français, the French Ministry of Culture, and private donors.
NYU Skirball’s programs are made possible with support from the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature, and by Howard Gilman Foundation, FACE Foundation, General Delegation of the Government of Flanders to the USA, Collins Building Services, Consolidated Edison, Mertz Gilmore Foundation, and Marta Heflin Foundation, as well as our valued donors through memberships and commissioning fund support.