“Affecting, heartfelt artistry.” — The New York Times
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE
Considered a musical genius in his native Spain, superstar Miguel Poveda’s nuanced and soulful voice is unrivaled in the world of flamenco. Possessing a strong technique and a charismatic stage presence, his concerts are inspired musical events. For his long-awaited NYC solo debut, he takes the audience on a tour of the traditional musical forms of flamenco, from malagueñas and alegrías to seguirillas and soleás.
At NYU Skirball, he will be accompanied on stage by four internationally acclaimed artists: Jesús Guerrero (guitar), Miguel Soto Peña “El Londro” (voice and palmas), Paquito González (percussion), as well as Gypsy dancer Antonio Molina “El Choro.”
This special event is co-presented with NYU’s King Juan Carlos I of Spain Center to celebrate their 25 years of creative programming that foregrounds the history, politics, and cultures of Spain and the Spanish-speaking world, and is co-produced with Flamenco Festival New York. flamencofestival.org
• We love a live band, and Miguel Poveda has assembled a team of greats for this solo debut.
• We love the marriage of song and dance – if you’re so moved, take to the lobby and try out some flamenco moves.
• Are you longing for international travel? Let Miguel Poveda’s voice take you to Spain from the comfort of the velvety new NYU Skirball seats.
NYU COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- Audience members must be 12 years of age or older to enter the theater.
- Audience members must show a valid government-issued photo ID.
- All audience members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a COVID-19 booster shot (if eligible for the booster based on CDC criteria). Documentation must include name, birthday, dates of doses & vaccine manufacturer. Documentation must be in English.
- All audience members will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible), with an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed vaccine.
- All audience members must wear a well-fitted mask at all times.
Allowable masks: disposable masks (surgical or medical procedure masks), KN95 masks, KF94 masks, N95 masks are allowable.
NYU DEPARTMENT CO-SPONSORS
King Juan Carlos I of Spain Center, Steinhardt Department of Music and Performing Arts Professions
NYU Skirball’s programs are made possible with support from the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature, and by Howard Gilman Foundation, Collins Building Services, Consolidated Edison, Harkness Foundation for Dance, DuBose & Dorothy Heyward Memorial Fund, New England Foundation for the Arts’ National Dance Project, with lead funding from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Mertz Gilmore Foundation, and Marta Heflin Foundation, as well as our valued donors through memberships and commissioning fund support.