What if I require an accommodation to participate?
Please contact the Box Office before purchasing your ticket. Requests for accommodations must be made at least one week in advance.
Can I show a recent negative Covid test instead of vaccination proof?
No, negative Covid tests will not be accepted as an alternative to vaccination proof.
What are the acceptable vaccine types? Are international vaccines acceptable?
Acceptable vaccines are those authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or listed by the World Health Organization (WHO).
When am I considered fully vaccinated?
You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you have received a second dose in a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer, Moderna, WHO-listed vaccine) or two weeks after you have received a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen). In addition to being fully vaccinated, NYU also requires that you receive your booster dose when eligible (based on CDC eligibility criteria).
How do I determine if I’m eligible for a booster shot?
• NYU requires proof of a COVID-19 booster shot for all those eligible to receive it. Those not yet eligible will be able to continue to enter provided they are two weeks past their second dose in a two-dose vaccine series or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine.
• NYU will allow a one-week grace period to schedule and receive the booster upon becoming eligible, after which point, you are deemed non-compliant.
• Recipients of the Pfizer (age 12+) or Moderna (age 18+) vaccines become eligible for a booster five months after their second dose, and recipients of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine become eligible two months after their single dose.
• Anyone (age 12+) who has received all the recommended doses of another WHO-EUL vaccine that is not approved or authorized by the FDA, or completed a mix and match series composed of any combination of FDA-approved, FDA-authorized, or WHO-EUL vaccines, becomes eligible for a booster five months after their last dose.
• Learn more about who is eligible on the CDC website here.
How can I get a booster shot when I arrive in New York?
COVID-19 vaccination, including booster shots, are widely available in the United States and are available at no charge. You can find and make an appointment using the US or NYC vaccine finder before you leave your home location for when you arrive in the United States. You will need to show your proof of primary series vaccination (in English) to get your booster shot.
What if my proof of vaccination is in a different language?
Your documentation will need to be translated into English.