This star-studded annual event recognizes dance and choreographic excellence on Broadway, Off-Broadway and in film. The evening will include Broadway performances, special guest honorees and celebrated presenters. As the only ‘awards ceremony’ dedicated to dance, the Chita Rivera Awards nurture an ongoing sense of community by honoring the past, celebrating the present and investing in the future generations.
Past participants have included Tommy Tune, Ann Reinking, Bebe Neuwirth, John Kander, Harvey Fierstein, George C. Wolfe, Carmen DeLavallade, the casts of numerous current hit Broadway shows, additional Tony Award winning actors and choreographers…. and of course, the incomparable Chita Rivera.All proceeds benefit the NYC Dance Alliance Foundation College Scholarship Program which awards college scholarships to talented teenagers.
NYU COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- Audience members must be 12 years of age or older to enter the theater.
- Audience members must show a valid government-issued photo ID.
- All audience members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a COVID-19 booster shot (if eligible for the booster based on CDC criteria). Documentation must include name, birthday, dates of doses & vaccine manufacturer. Documentation must be in English.
- All audience members will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible), with an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed vaccine.
- All audience members must wear a well-fitted mask at all times.
Allowable masks: disposable masks (surgical or medical procedure masks), KN95 masks, KF94 masks, N95 masks are allowable.