The Skirball Center is suitable for a wide range of events including concerts, dance, drama, musical theater, new media performances, opera, video & film exhibition, television recording or broadcast, ceremonies, conferences, lectures, receptions, and symposia.
- 867 Total Seats
- 515 Orchestra Seats
- 166 Parterre Seats
- 179 Balcony Seats
- Proscenium Width: 68’-0”
(45’ – 9” inside to inside proscenium columns)
- Proscenium Height: 32’ to canopy
- Stage Depth: 29’-6” to upstage wall
Minimum dimensions 43’7” long x 17’11” wide = 774 sq. ft. +. Depth is adjustable. Maximum depth of 6’ from floor of the house.
- Control: ETC EOS lighting control system; 5,000 output channels.
- Dimming: ETC Sensor3 Digital Dimming System; 3 Dimmer Racks with 144 dual 2.4 KW status-reporting dimmer modules.
- Distribution: Dimmer per circuit system with 288 circuits – at Onstage Electric Pipes, Stage Floor Positions, FOH Catwalks, Box Booms and Balcony Rail.
- Protocol: Ethernet and DMX-512.
Configurable system for speech reinforcement, public address and lectures and assemblies is part of house equipment. Additionally, theater has been wired to accommodate the following uses: live sound reinforcement, theatrical performance and recorded audio playback.
Bi-directional communication with outside entities and recording are implemented in a variety of ways. There is a cable pass-through for production vans located on LaGuardia Place with a route to the theater.
Video projection is of very high quality. There is 1 high brightness, high resolution video projector with a native resolution of no less than 1280 x 1024, and capable of direct projection of standard definition and high definition television and computer video up to 1280 x 1024 resolution.
There is one projection screen with an image size of 25’ wide x 15’ high. The screen is sized for single-image projection in widescreen (16:9) and standard (4:3) formats.