The Skirball Center is suitable for a wide range of events including concerts, dance, drama, musical theater, new media performances, opera, video & film exhibition, television recording or broadcast, ceremonies, conferences, lectures, receptions, and symposia.
Download Technical Specs
- NYU Skirball Technical Packet (PDF)
- Ground Plan (Quarter Inch Scale) (PDF)
- Section (Quarter Inch Scale) (PDF)
- Ground Plan & Section (Letter) (PDF)
- Rep Lighting Plot (PDF)
- Rep Lighting Magic Sheet (PDF)
- Skirball Theater Drawing (Vectorworks 2019)
- Skirball Theater Drawing (Vectorworks 2017)
- Skirball Theater Drawing (DWG)
- Lighting Hookup (Lightwright)
- Orchestra Pit Plan (PDF)
Total Capacity (with orchestra pit seating): 862
Total Capacity (no seats on orchestra pit): 800
- Orchestra Pit: 62
- Orchestra: 455
- Parterre: 168
- Balcony: 183
- Proscenium Width: 45’-9” (inside proscenium columns)
- Proscenium Height: 32’ to canopy
- Stage Depth: 35’-8” to upstage wall (46’-9” with Orchestra Pit at Stage Height)
Large inventory of LED and Conventional lighting fixtures, controlled by ETC Eos Ti lighting console.
ETC Sensor3 dimming system with 288 dimmers distributed dimmer per circuit throughout the theater.
Additional company switches available for rental equipment.
Flexible sound reinforcement system for lectures, theatrical performances, live music, and recorded audio playback. D&B speaker system fed from a Yamaha PM5D digital sound console. Large inventory of wired and wireless microphones available.
Wired internet connection available throughout the theater. Cable pass-through for production trucks on LaGuardia place.
One 1920×1200 (16:10 aspect ratio) video projector available at rear of parterre seating area. Connection to projector possible over DVI, SDI, VGA, or HDMI with use of house video switcher.
One projection screen is available with an image size of 25’ wide x 15’ high (5:3 aspect ratio).
43’7” long x 17’9” wide. Depth is adjustable. Maximum depth of 6’ from floor of the house.